May 9, 2011

Speech Therapy Training Program, Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine, Ho Chi Minh City, Việt Nam

During May I am visiting Việt Nam to teach Assessment and Treatment of Disorders of Speech in Children to students in the Speech Therapy Training Program at Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine, in Ho Chi Minh City. Information about the course is here.

I would like to thank the following people:
• Marie Atherton, Lindy McAllister, Alison Winkworth, and Sue Woodward from The Trinh Foundation: http://www.trinhfoundation.org/
• Sarah Verdon, a recent Charles Sturt University speech pathology honours graduate who supported me during my lecturing, and was great company around HCMC
• Charlotte Ducote and Giang Pham (nee Tang) who have allowed me to use their resources: http://vnspeechtherapy.com/
• The wonderful students, who are enthusiastic, supportive, and patient! Mr Dien who is the class captain and ensures I have cold water every day.
• The excellent Vietnamese lecturers and translators: Dr Ly Kha, Ms Hai Chau, Ms Lee

Marie Atherton (Course Director), Sarah Verdon (Tutor),
and Sharynne at briefing session in HCMC prior to teaching
Teaching the students with Ms Hai Chau interpreting
Speech therapy students celebrating Sarah Verdon's birthday
during my first day of teaching