May 22, 2011

Thank you Việt Nam

My 2 weeks in Việt Nam were a special time. I learned so much from the students, interpreters, and staff at Pham Ngoc Thach University. Marie Atherton (course coordinator) and Sarah Verdon also made my visit very special. On my last night in Việt Nam the students took us to dinner in the Vietnamese countryside.
Pham Ngoc Thach speech therapy students at the end of our 2 weeks together
During the two weeks I meet many important advocates for the speech therapy course and profession in Việt Nam, including Professor Nguyen Thi Ngoc Dung (President of the Vietnam Society of Otolaryngology and Director of the Ear Nose and Throat Hospital) and Vice Rector Nguyen The Dung.

I am excited to think about the future of speech therapy in Việt Nam.
Marie Atherton, Vice Rector Dung, and Sharynne


Lunch with Professor Dung, Marie Atherton, and Sarah Verdon