June 1, 2012

Book review: Listening to children and young people

The following book review has just been published in the RCSLT Bulletin referring to Listening to Children and Young People with Speech, Language, and Communication Needs. Here are some excerpts


"I am a self-confessed train/bedtime reader, so I found this book fantastic for its dip-in-able, engaging and readable style.

The first few pages are a series of short passages...These are heart-warming, sensitively written and very powerful examples of the impact of our work...their voices radiate through the pages.

The rest of the book ... is packed with different ideas and techniques that I have been truly inspired by...

 I would normally recommend taking a thriller to bed but I will put my neck on the line and say that your clinical practice will be enhanced after ‘sleeping on this book’."

Reviewer Kirsty Bui, SLT, Director, SLT Journal Club
Overall rating: 4 out of 5