August 9, 2013

Charles Sturt University Research Supervision Excellence award

I received a very welcome email today to indicate that I have been awarded the Charles Sturt University Research Supervision Excellence award. What an honour to receive this award in 2010 and again this year. The students who nominated me checked the eligibility criteria – and discovered that you can receive the award once every three years. CSU has many outstanding research higher degree supervisors, so I am thrilled to receive this award again.

I will not be able to attend the award ceremony due to my travels. However, five of the eight students and ex-students who wrote testimonials for the nomination will be at the congress of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics - so we will have a happy time celebrating together.

I appreciate the work that the students did to prepare the nomination (initiated by Suzanne Hopf and coordinated by Kate Crowe). My students are amazing people that are a privilege to work with and I am so proud of them all. I also thank my husband and children for their support and friendship towards all of my students – the McLeod family adds so much to my supervision.