June 30, 2015

CSU Faculty of Education Supervisor Seminar Series: Maximising your HDR students’ potential

Today Suzanne Hopf (my PhD student) and I presented a seminar titled:  “Maximising your HDR students’ potential”. The presentation occurred simultaneously in Bathurst, Dubbo, Sydney, Albury, Wagga Wagga and with 5 people on the phone in other locations. 
Here is the information sent to the Faculty about the presentation:
Sharynne was the recipient of the Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Research Supervision Excellence in 2010 and 2013, and has long been known for supporting her HDR candidates to reach their maximum potential throughout their candidature and beyond. Come along (bring your lunch) and discuss with Sharynne and colleagues her strategies and approaches to supervision. All welcome!
I described a process of Get ready - Get set - Go - Run - Win - and Keep going...
I found it interesting to document the process I go through initiating a working relationship with my students and setting up their candidature, even before they begin.