October 11, 2016

Balancing Research Capacity and Excellence with Professional Engagement

I was invited by the Research Office at Charles Sturt University to present a 2-hour workshop for mid-career researchers titled "Balancing Research Capacity and Excellence with Professional Engagement" and I presented the workshop today. I provided an overview of my experiences with engaging with professional associations and the immense benefit this has been to my research productivity and impact.
One of the papers that I highlighted during the presentation was:
Misso, M. L., Ilic, D., Haines, T. P., Hutchinson, A. M., East, C. E., & Teede, H. J. (2016). Development, implementation and evaluation of a clinical research engagement and leadership capacity building program in a large Australian health care service. BMC Medical Education, 16(13). http://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-016-0525-4