May 31, 2017

Twitter @SharynneMcLeod

At the Speech Pathology Australia Fellows and Life Members lunch I sat near A/Prof Bronwyn Hemsley (@BronwynHemsley) and Dr Caroline Bowen (@speechwoman) and received a personalised tutorial on signing up to Twitter (@SharynneMcLeod). There are so many people in my field who use Twitter, in fact the Speech Pathology Australia National Conference trended number 1 across Australia on 31st May. Many friends, including Provost Brian Goldstein (@goldstein25) have encouraged me to do this for a long time. I think it will be a useful avenue for publicising our work and celebrating achievements of my students and colleagues. However, I still plan to use this blog as my main avenue for describing our work because I need more than a few words at a time!
Bronwyn Hemsely and Caroline Bowen creating my Twitter account!
(Note the irony of announcing my Twitter presence on my blog!)